|Link: Click here to access the website of the event|
About the event and the call for abstracts:
Presentations at the symposium span a diverse array of topics, including fossil egg taxonomy, taphonomy, egg morphology, biogeography, eggshell function, and dinosaur ontogeny. Presentations are not on dinosaurs only, as sessions on other amniotes eggs and amniotes reproduction and development are frequent. For this edition, the proposed main topic will be eggshell formation. The idea is to lay bridges between different disciplines involved in the study of the eggshell, including Palaeontology, Developmental Biology, Poultry Science, and Materials Sciences.
The scientific programme also includes three plenary sessions. It is intended that each of them will be focused in one of the main topics of the meeting:
- eggshell and bone biomineralization,
- dinosaur eggs,
- and dinosaur development.
Abstracts are to be submitted in English language, through the Congress website. As in previous editions of the Symposium, the organization is negotiating to publish articles derived of the presented abstracts as a special volume of Historical Biology (http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/ghbi20) Detailed instructions on abstract submission will soon be posted on the Symposium web page http://eventos.fct.unl.pt/dinoeggs
Submission period: 1st January 2017 to 30th April 2017 Formal notification of acceptance of abstracts: 31st May 2017.”
Source: Click for source
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- Just out | First North American occurrences of Qiupalong (Theropoda: Ornithomimidae) and the palaeobiogeography of derived ornithomimids @ Facets - April 23, 2017
- On the News | Mexico | Valoran fósiles… ¡en otros estados! @ Tabasco Hoy - April 23, 2017
- West Los Angeles College | Earth Science Instructor - April 22, 2017