The previous week was rich in descriptions of new Jurassic species. The four we report come from China, Patagonia and Germany.
- Isaberrysaura mollensis gen. et sp. nov., a primitive Neornithischian dinosaur from the Jurassic of Patagonia, was reported in Nature (16th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
- Xingxiulong chengi gen. et sp. nov., a basal sauropodiform dinosaur from the Lower Jurassic of Yunnan Province, China, was reported in Nature (16th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
- Douzhanopterus zhengi gen. et sp. nov., a pterosaurs from the Late Jurassic of China, was reported in Nature (16th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
- Knoetschkesuchus langenbergensis gen. nov. sp. nov., a atoposaurid crocodyliform from the Upper Jurassic Langenberg Quarry (Lower Saxony, northwestern Germany), was reported in PLOS one (15th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
Image credit: click for source
- Invertebrates Make a Comeback | New Species Reported This Week
- Job | Assistant Professor | Midwestern University in Arizona
- Job | Visiting Instructor in Paleobiology | University of South Florida
- Video | Homo nadeli @ The Royal Tyrrell Museum Speaker Series
- Extended Deadline | Symposium on Dinosaur Eggs and Babies
- Job | Geology Instructor, Part-Time @ Rio Hondo College
- Job | Paleontology Professor | Mato Grosso State University, Brazil
- Zuul, The ‘Ghostbusters’ Dinosaur | New Species Reported This Week
- New Paleowire Feature | Browse the World of Paleontology
- Assistant Preparator | The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
Assistant Professor and Researcher at University of Lisbon
Sociologist (PhD), Paleontologist (Researcher in Micropaleontology), Majors in Sociology and Biology, Minor in Geology. Main interests in Paleontology: Microfossils, Molecular fossils, Paleobiology and Paleoecology. (read more about me)
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- Just out | Craniodental functional evolution in sauropodomorph dinosaurs @ Paleobiology - May 23, 2017
- Just out | Five palaeobiological laws needed to understand the evolution of the living biota @ Nature Ecology & Evolution - May 23, 2017
- On the News | Discovery of horned ‘triceratops-style’ dinosaur in North America could rewrite Earth’s history @ The Sun - May 23, 2017