The previous week was rich in descriptions of new Jurassic species. The four we report come from China, Patagonia and Germany.
- Isaberrysaura mollensis gen. et sp. nov., a primitive Neornithischian dinosaur from the Jurassic of Patagonia, was reported in Nature (16th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
- Xingxiulong chengi gen. et sp. nov., a basal sauropodiform dinosaur from the Lower Jurassic of Yunnan Province, China, was reported in Nature (16th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
- Douzhanopterus zhengi gen. et sp. nov., a pterosaurs from the Late Jurassic of China, was reported in Nature (16th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
- Knoetschkesuchus langenbergensis gen. nov. sp. nov., a atoposaurid crocodyliform from the Upper Jurassic Langenberg Quarry (Lower Saxony, northwestern Germany), was reported in PLOS one (15th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
Image credit: click for source
- Paleontological Society Student Ambassador Program
- New Book | Giant Spike-Toothed Salmon and much more from the Early Pliocene of California
- Berkeley | Tenured Professor in Paleontology & Evolutionary Developmental Biology
- Postdoctoral Researcher | Paleoecology or Sedimentary Geology
- PaleoWest Archaeology is looking for a Paleontological Monitor
- Paleontology and Quarry Steward Internship @ ACE
- Fully-Funded Position for PHD Student | Arctic Paleoceanography
- Job | Earth Science Instructor | Los Angeles CCD
- Job | Position in Paleontology and Historical Geology @ Cornell
- MAY | On the News Around The World This Month (Interactive Map)
Assistant Professor and Researcher at University of Lisbon
Sociologist (PhD), Paleontologist (Researcher in Micropaleontology), Majors in Sociology and Biology, Minor in Geology. Main interests in Paleontology: Microfossils, Molecular fossils, Paleobiology and Paleoecology. (read more about me)
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- Just out | Newly Discovered Crania of Nyanzachoerus jaegeri (Tetraconodontinae, Suidae, Mammalia) from the Woranso-Mille (Ethiopia) and Reappraisal of Its Generic Status @ Journal of Mammalian Evolution - June 25, 2017
- On the News | Australia | Ancient marine fossils preserved under a busy Canberra bridge @ ABC News - June 25, 2017
- On the News | Scientists Have Predicted When Earth Will Be Hit By An Extinction-Level Asteroid @ The Daily Caller - June 25, 2017