The previous week was rich in descriptions of new Jurassic species. The four we report come from China, Patagonia and Germany.
- Isaberrysaura mollensis gen. et sp. nov., a primitive Neornithischian dinosaur from the Jurassic of Patagonia, was reported in Nature (16th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
- Xingxiulong chengi gen. et sp. nov., a basal sauropodiform dinosaur from the Lower Jurassic of Yunnan Province, China, was reported in Nature (16th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
- Douzhanopterus zhengi gen. et sp. nov., a pterosaurs from the Late Jurassic of China, was reported in Nature (16th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
- Knoetschkesuchus langenbergensis gen. nov. sp. nov., a atoposaurid crocodyliform from the Upper Jurassic Langenberg Quarry (Lower Saxony, northwestern Germany), was reported in PLOS one (15th February 2017). Click for the full-text of this article.
Image credit: click for source
- Job | Assistant Professor – Paleontology/Sedimentary Geology
- Paleontological Society Student Ambassador Program
- New Book | Giant Spike-Toothed Salmon and much more from the Early Pliocene of California
- Berkeley | Tenured Professor in Paleontology & Evolutionary Developmental Biology
- Postdoctoral Researcher | Paleoecology or Sedimentary Geology
- PaleoWest Archaeology is looking for a Paleontological Monitor
- Paleontology and Quarry Steward Internship @ ACE
- Fully-Funded Position for PHD Student | Arctic Paleoceanography
- Job | Earth Science Instructor | Los Angeles CCD
- Job | Position in Paleontology and Historical Geology @ Cornell
Assistant Professor and Researcher at University of Lisbon
Sociologist (PhD), Paleontologist (Researcher in Micropaleontology), Majors in Sociology and Biology, Minor in Geology. Main interests in Paleontology: Microfossils, Molecular fossils, Paleobiology and Paleoecology. (read more about me)
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- Just out | First record of insects in lignite-bearing formations (upper Eocene) of the central German Leipzig Embayment @ PalZ - June 28, 2017
- Just out | Goniatites sphaericus (Sowerby, 1814), the archetype of Palaeozoic ammonoids: a case of decreasing phenotypic variation through ontogeny @ PalZ - June 28, 2017
- Just out | Brachiopods: origin and early history @ Palaeontology - June 28, 2017