|Link: Click here to access the full text of the offer and apply|
Offer full description:
“EARTH SCIENCE INSTRUCTOR, ADJUNCT (Part-Time Position)
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: June 23, 2017 4:00pm
The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) is the largest community college district in the United States and one of the largest in the world. The LACCD is comprised of nine colleges serving all or part of more than 40 cities in Southern California and spanning a service area of 882 square miles. Its colleges offer instruction to 225,000 students, annually, in 600 associates’ degree and 400 certificate of achievement programs in general, career-technical and transfer education, and contribute significantly to the economic and social well-being of its students, the regional economy and the greater Los Angeles area. For more information about the LACCD, please visit our website at www.laccd.edu.
The LACCD is accepting applications for Adjunct Earth Science Instructor positions at our colleges for the Fall 2017 semester.
The LACCD is seeking dynamic, motivated and diverse candidates for part-time faculty positions to engage and educate our students. Successful candidates will collaborate, communicate and work as professionals with students, staff, faculty and administrators. Applicants with a demonstrated commitment to teaching and mentoring a diverse student population are strongly encouraged to apply.
During completion of the adjunct application, applicants will have the opportunity to indicate which of LACCD’s colleges are of interest for employment. Qualified applicants may be offered an interview with Earth Science Department members at one or more of LACCD’s 9 colleges. For college locations, please visit the Our Colleges page at http://laccd.edu/About/Pages/Our-Colleges.aspx. Final determination of part-time Earth Science Instructor assignments is contingent upon enrollment, funding and class availability.
- Master’s in geology, geophysics, earth sciences, meteorology, oceanography or paleontology OR Bachelor’s in geology AND Master’s in geography, physics, or geochemistry OR the equivalent.
- A sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The adjunct instructor should be prepared to teach a range of courses within the Earth Science discipline, promoting engaging and inclusive educational environments that support student learning. The successful candidate will be culturally responsive in interactions with students, faculty, staff, and community members who span a diverse range of languages, nationalities and ethnicities, socio-economic levels, ages, identities, abilities and educational experiences.
The salary schedule for adjunct instructors begins at $63.74 per standard hour, plus an office hour differential of $14.91 per hour for classroom assignments. Applicants with a doctoral degree are eligible for a doctoral differential.
Applicants will be required to file the application using web-based software to create an applicant profile account, allowing documents to be saved and uploaded as attachments. Please go to https://laccd.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=6&c=laccd to file the application. After review of application materials by selection committee(s), applicants will be contacted if selected for interview(s).
For consideration in the selection process, all interested applicants must submit the following:
- Letter of interest that describes the applicant’s interest in the position and details why the applicant is a good fit for the position;
- Current resume that summarizes how the applicant meets the qualifications of the position;
- Contact information for three (3) professional references;
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts; if invited to interview, candidate should be prepared to provide official transcripts;
- Note: All degrees must be granted by an accredited college or university in the United States. Transcripts from a foreign institution must be submitted with an approved evaluation of equivalency from a foreign evaluation service approved by California Commission on Teaching Credentialing.
Application materials will not be accepted by Fax, Mail or Email. Incomplete applications may be excluded from consideration. Equivalency determinations are not conducted for selection of adjunct faculty.
Employment is contingent upon verification of qualifications. LACCD and its Colleges reserve the right to modify and/or withdraw this position at any time. Final determination of part-time faculty assignments is contingent upon enrollment, funding and/or class availability.
For consideration, please complete the application and attach required documents by 4:00 pm on June 23, 2017.
For additional information, please contact AcademicJobs@email.laccd.edu.
Individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request an accommodation in the selection/interview process with at least three business days prior notice. Documentation of the need for accommodation may be requested.
Equal Employment Policy
The policy of the Los Angeles Community College District is to implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition (cancer related), sexual orientation, or veteran status. Positive action will be taken to ensure that this policy is followed in all personnel practices including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion, and treatment during employment, rate of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, layoff or termination. A vigorous equal employment opportunity program will be maintained to ensure a diverse work force and to achieve expected representation of qualified members of under-represented groups through the implementation of specific result-oriented plans and procedures (Board Rule 101301).
The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator“
Source: click for source
Image Credit: LACCD
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- Just out | First record of insects in lignite-bearing formations (upper Eocene) of the central German Leipzig Embayment @ PalZ - June 28, 2017
- Just out | Goniatites sphaericus (Sowerby, 1814), the archetype of Palaeozoic ammonoids: a case of decreasing phenotypic variation through ontogeny @ PalZ - June 28, 2017
- Just out | Brachiopods: origin and early history @ Palaeontology - June 28, 2017