Offer full description:
|Title||Postdoctoral Fellows in Evolutionary Vertebrate Anatomy|
|School||Faculty of Arts and Sciences|
|Department/Area||Organismic and Evolutionary Biology|
|Position Description||We are seeking 1-2 high caliber postdoctoral fellows to join the Stephanie E. Pierce Laboratory based in the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University. Research in the lab focuses on major transitions in vertebrate evolution, with the aim to document functional/ecological shifts in the fossil record. We study both extant and extinct animals and utilize state-of-the-art methodologies to capture, explore, and interpret morphology and function from various perspectives. Successful applicants can either contribute to ongoing research projects, or can work with the PI to develop novel, cutting-edge ideas that add a new dimension to the Lab. To learn more about the Pierce Lab see: http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/spierce|
|Basic Qualifications||A successful applicant would have:
• Ph.D. in paleontology, vertebrate anatomy, functional/developmental morphology, evolutionary biomechanics or related fields.
|Special Instructions||Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
1. Cover letter outlining your interests and suitability for the position
Harvard University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
It is recommended that you contact Prof. Stephanie E. Pierce to discuss your potential fit in the lab before submitting an application <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
|Equal Opportunity Employer||We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.|
Source: Click for source
Image Credit: Harvard University (Click for source)
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- On the News | Mexico | Valoran fósiles… ¡en otros estados! @ Tabasco Hoy - April 23, 2017
- West Los Angeles College | Earth Science Instructor - April 22, 2017
- Just out | Chancelloriid Allonnia erjiensis sp. nov. from the Chengjiang Lagerstätte of South China @ Journal of Systematic Palaeontology - April 22, 2017