|Link: Click here to access the full text of the offer|
Offer full description:
“Senior Curatorial Technician
- The Senior Curatorial Technician will curate fossils, manage data, inventory uncurated material, and reorganize the existing material in the Orange County Paleontology Collection (OCPC) at the Cooper Center Curation facility in Santa Ana. The individual will be under the supervision of the Cooper Center Coordinator and Paleontological Collections Manager and will also work with direction from the Faculty Curator of Paleontology.
- Essential Duties:
- Curate fossils by repairing, cleaning, labeling and packaging them for storage in museum cabinets.
- Work with the Paleontology Curators to develop protocols for curation to be used by curatorial assistants and volunteers
- Work with the Paleontology Curators to inventory the collections
- Identify specimens for curation, and associate reports to collections
- Geo-reference collections
- Technical background and experience in working with fossil specimens
- Experience with SPECIFY software preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Earth Sciences or a closely related field such as Biology or Environmental Science.
Walking, talking, hearing, pulling, bending, may carry 40-50 pounds of objects/material, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, stoop, kneel, taste or smell.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or (657) 278-4117.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the ASC. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current ASC employees who apply for the position.
CSU Fullerton Auxiliary Services Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Source: click for source
Image Credit: CSU Fullerton
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- Just out | Early Cambrian animal diapause embryos revealed by X-ray tomography @ Geology - February 25, 2018
- On the News | Brazil | Tartarugas se adaptaram à vida na água antes da extinção dos dinossauros, aponta estudo da USP @ Globo - February 25, 2018
- Call For Papers | Taphonomy | Interdisciplinary Conference on Death - February 25, 2018