|Link: Click here to access the full text of the offer|
Offer full description:
“Job Title: Adjunct Dinosaur Paleontology Instructor – SFCC
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Spokane Falls Community College, 3410 W Ft George Wright Dr, Spokane, Washington
Applications will be forwarded to the hiring officials as they are received and accepted until this position is filled.
The Department of Life Sciences at Spokane Falls Community College invites applications for a part-time Adjunct Instructor to teach Dinosaur Paleontology one to three quarters per academic year. The candidate selected for the position will have access to our paleontological collection, which includes actual dinosaur bones and teeth, as well as invertebrate and plant fossils contemporary with the dinosaurs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares for and instructs paleontology classes through various instructional modalities.
- Provides availability and accessibility to students for the purpose of academic consulting and support, in a manner appropriate to meet student’s needs, through a combination of scheduled office hours, e-mail accessibility or other effective means of responsive and timely communication;
- Communicates expectations and establishes clear criteria through appropriate instructional means, to include but not limited to developing course syllabi, handouts, and material supporting the instructional process; evaluates student progress and provides clear, timely feedback;
- Complies with state and federal law applicable to professional duties and responsibilities; Follows established procedures in areas such as printing, turning in grades, bookstore orders, student financial aid requirements, safety and health issues and related administrative process.
- Support and advance the CCS strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (Minimum Qualifications):
- A Master’s degree in paleontology, biology, zoology, or a closely related field with coursework in paleontology from an accredited institution.
A Bachelor of Science degree combined with teaching and relevant work experience (e.g., work in a museum) may also be considered.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
- A demonstrated understanding and value for the contributions that a diverse workforce can make to the success of the organization and the students we serve.
CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is an adjunct (part-time) position. Compensation will be pro-rated according to the amount of workload assigned. CCS reserves the right to cancel this recruitment without notice. Academic employees are represented by the Association of Higher Education (AHE), which is affiliated with NEA and WEA. Membership is optional.
CONDITIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
Person hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the U.S. This is an absolute condition of employment. In addition, CCS maintains a drug free work and learning environment and prohibits smoking in all college buildings and state-owned vehicles. CCS employees must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural and diverse work and educational environment. Requires Criminal background check. If using personal vehicle for travel, proof of driver’s license and car insurance required.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application including supplemental questions.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references*
- College transcript(s) if applicable – unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer.
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required to be included as an attachment to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.“
Source: Click for source
Image Credit: Click for source
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- Just out | Europatitan eastwoodi, a new sauropod from the lower Cretaceous of Iberia in the initial radiation of somphospondylans in Laurasia @ PeerJ - June 27, 2017
- Just out | Revision of “Balaena” belgica reveals a new right whale species, the possible ancestry of the northern right whale, Eubalaena glacialis, and the ages of divergence for the living right whale species @ PeerJ - June 27, 2017
- Just out | Further study of Late Devonian seed plant Cosmosperma polyloba: its reconstruction and evolutionary significance @ BMC Evolutionary Biology - June 27, 2017