|Link: Click here to access the full text of the offer|
Offer full description:
“Paleontological Field Technician
- Requisition Number: 2017-9943
- # of Openings: 4
- Office Location: US-WY-Sheridan
- Program: Paleontology
- Hire Type: Temporary
- Hourly/Salary: Hourly
More information about this job:
About the opportunity:
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
We are seeking multiple Paleontological Field Technicians to support field work for projects in the Rocky Mountain Region (e.g., Utah, Colorado, Wyoming). You should be able to work alone or on small teams; and depending on workload overtime is possible.
What you will accomplish:
SWCA paleontological field Technicians assist with field surveys, construction monitoring, excavations, fossil salvages, and other field tasks as needed. We place an emphasis on thorough, accurate and efficient collection and recordation of paleontologic, lithologic and stratigraphic data. Field techs may also be required to assist with laboratory fossil preparation, data entry and management, and data analysis.
Experience and qualifications for success:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Biology with education or equivalent training in paleontology and sedimentary geology is required; although a graduate degree in Geology or Biology or equivalent training in paleontology and sedimentary geology is desirable
- Must have the necessary experience and minimal qualifications to be approved as a Field Agent or Field Monitor by the BLM
- Prior paleontological field experience in the Rocky Mountain Region is desirable
- Prior experience with paleontological mitigation projects and the ability to describe sedimentary rocks is highly desirable
- Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in sometimes inclement weather conditions, including walking up to 10 miles per day often in rugged terrain; must be able to carry various types of field equipment and supplies
- Must have the ability to use excavation tools
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record; and must comply with SWCA safety policies
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Source: Click for source
Image Credit: Click for source
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- Just out | First record of insects in lignite-bearing formations (upper Eocene) of the central German Leipzig Embayment @ PalZ - June 28, 2017
- Just out | Goniatites sphaericus (Sowerby, 1814), the archetype of Palaeozoic ammonoids: a case of decreasing phenotypic variation through ontogeny @ PalZ - June 28, 2017
- Just out | Brachiopods: origin and early history @ Palaeontology - June 28, 2017