|Link: Click here to access the full text of the offer|
Offer full description:
- Job Tracking ID: 512171-542145
- Job Location: All Offices, CA
- Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
- Level of Education: BA/BS
- Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Date Updated: February 02, 2018
- Years of Experience: 2 – 5 Years
- Starting Date: ASAP
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is a highly qualified professional consulting firm comprised of environmental scientists, geologists, biologists, planners, environmental engineers, wetland scientists, GIS professionals, archaeologists and architectural historians, LEED accredited professionals, sustainability experts, and visual information specialists. We provide a wide range of services in environmental impact assessment, urban planning, soil and groundwater assessment & remediation, and biological and cultural resources, focusing on California’s unique and challenging regulatory and policy environment.
Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally rated ‘Best Places to Work’ in 2015 and 2017, we invest in our employees through competitive salaries, benefits and incentive programs designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the firm’s business goals and needs.
We have an immediate opening and excellent professional growth opportunity for a Paleontological Monitor. Candidates must have professional or academic paleontological field experience and be familiar with the practical requirements of paleontological monitoring on construction sites.
Experience and Skills:
Minimum qualifications to be considered for this opportunity:
- Prior paleontological field experience in California is required. Experience should entail paleontological monitoring of construction activities, fossil collection and salvage, preparation of weekly monitoring summaries, and coordination with a Principal Paleontologist
- An undergraduate (Bachelors) degree in geology or paleontology is preferred; however, documented experience performing paleontological monitoring and fossil salvage may be substituted for some formal education
- The ability to measure stratigraphic sections and describe sedimentary rocks is highly desirable
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time on uneven terrain and in hot weather
Source: click for source
Image Credit: Rincon Consultants, Inc.
Latest posts by Lurdes Fonseca (see all)
- Just out | Early Cambrian animal diapause embryos revealed by X-ray tomography @ Geology - February 25, 2018
- On the News | Brazil | Tartarugas se adaptaram à vida na água antes da extinção dos dinossauros, aponta estudo da USP @ Globo - February 25, 2018
- Call For Papers | Taphonomy | Interdisciplinary Conference on Death - February 25, 2018